R/C over LTE - test day2 (regular usb joystick with tablet)

Sunday morning I reviewed UAV setup one again. I did`t find any additional setup for virtual joystick in Qgroundcontrol and I thought I have to contact with developers to understand why I failed yesteday. Maybe there is any additional parameter that I should enable or change before I use virtual joystick with Qgroundcontrol.

I was sure that current drone config allows me to fly without R/C. Base on that I deceided to connect USB joystick (FlySky FS-I6s in USB mode) and check drone how I can control UAV using tablet only and connected joystick.

No R/C, no PC, only joystick connected to tablet and LTE as a data link between drone and tablet.
I connected joystick to tablet morning and went to test it.

All tests are passed :) . Everything works fine, I have working telemetry link thru LTE and video digital preview, I can control drone thru LTE only. There is no additonal analog video link or unnesesery R/C parts. Everything base on LTE data link now. There is no radio receiver located on drone frame.

Of course there is one small restriction, it`s call LTE range ... but for me it`s sufficient most part of country is currently covered by LTE network. For me it like unlimited becuse I don`t think I will fly far than battery and motors allows. Additionally I do not plan to flight with altitudes over 100m so LTE datalink is fine for me.

If I find more time I will try to correct virtual joystick setup but overall I can move forward with next project phases.

Below recorded record session from Sunday tests.




Comments

  1. What equipment are you using to accomplish this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Review blog. All parts are there but if you have any detailed questions just let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment