How can I control my drone using regular joystick


There is one more feature that was highlighted with my previous post related remote drone control. Joystick, pad whatever is named that allow to control drone manually without r/c system.
After two days of testing I have answer on my question how to control copter using joystick instead r/c controller. For PX4 based boards it`s really very easy.
With the latest beta version of Mission Planner you can stream video, send/receive telemetry and control your copter via joysticks/pads connected to USB ports. It's good news because there was joystick issues with previous version of planner and now it looks like It’s fixed.
Some problems are still there and not all devices are supported well. After my short tests I can say that e.g. Logitech Wingman Attack 2 and Xbox One pads are working well. There is no official list of supported devices and if you want to use it you have to test is yourself. I think the most part of Logitech pads should work but of course you have to check it yourselves.

I did create short movie to show how it works any if want to check by clicking following link >>


Whole setup process does not require long configuration and this is really easy to be done. For this test purposes I did map basic 5 functions to pad ( include arm and disarm button ) and hope you will enjoy watching movie.

Comments