LTE/4G/3G modems - which one to choose?

Over the past few months, I've been trying to skip modem selection / change topic. Unfortunately, the current modem did not give me a stable connection and bandwidth for the gstreamer video feed.
Therefore, for the past weeks, I have tried to review all the available modems that I have borrow for a while and I could test in the meantime.
For a moment, using Raspberry PI3 software I am unable to get a stable connection similar to connection I have using a mobile phone as a modem.
I tried to test each modem using wvdial and Saikis3g on Raspberry PI3. Unfortunately, none of my modems work well with PI3.
That is why I decided to migrate to Huawei E32XX or E33XX modem series with hi-link option at the moment. It just works stably, Maybe tomorrow I will add a test movie how drone works with this hi-link devices.
There are some limitations however, these modems work with RPI 3 without any problems. Additionally  I can always flash modem with regular ROM to return to the dial-up version.
Summary, I can say today that the drone structure is closed for some time now. The connection is currently stable so the only thing I will do in the near future is trying to run some modem through wvdial but this is not currently necessary.

Comments