different apps that supports LTE streams

Very cold and it`s snowing all the time. I`m doing only configuration related tasks and I don`t want  to fly my drone during this weather.

Last week I did once again review of mission planner apps and I was trying to understand which one supports digital camera and streaming capabilities. Two applications are on my radar right now.

  • Qground Control
  • AndruAV
Qground control app supports FVP via rtsp protocol. In this case video stream is thread as a non-mavlink source and you can you use rtps server to send video directly to client this software. 
To double check it I have make some tests how it works using sample video available from following address: sample. Software correctly and external sample stream is shown in video preview frame located on left side of following screen ( white rabbit picture ).


I will try to talk with peoples from webhosting forum to help me to setup this rtps server and feed soon and I hope I will find the best solution as quickly as it`s possible. I think qground control will be my basic application after migration to new flying controller.

AndruAV - this is complettly different application. It`s designed to support android mobile phones installed on drones frames. It`s support video feed via LTE and TELEMETRY as well at the same time!. This is amazing and maybe in future I will be using only this one as my basic drone app.
As I said everthing sounds amazing but …. there is only one missing point which stop me start to use it from now . Application does not support UVC cameras (only build in phone - back and front cameras are supported) and it won`t be working corectly with my current UVC based configuration.
I sent some qustions to rcgroups forum to double check it and recived negative answer from developers. They did confirm there are no plans as for now to suport UVC :(

I hope in future they will expand it to support UVC aslo. Overall I will back this app when I will start to think about telemetry via LTE. Now I paused with it and will continue with qground control only.
AndruAV screen below, application is of course available on android marketplace for free.


Comments