mission planner – my first review

I did unbox Pixhawk last week but I didn`t proceed with whole configuration yet .

I see now how how huge are the differences between PIXHAWK and NAZA v2. Naza is realy very simple and comparing it to PIXHAWK I can say NAZA is “full out of box working product”. Basic functions in both are same but overall they are completely different products, you have many, many more advanced function in open source solution than DJI.

I did start my adventure with PIXHAWK installing mission planner software and PX4 driver on my Windows 10 first.

At the beginning there was no problems with mission planner, I was able to run this software without flying controller connected to this software to check how it`s works. MP software is included on attached to PIXHAWK CD ROM. Of course you can download it from project web site also but it`s nice to det it on CD with required software driver.

I didn`t expect before that mission planner is so advanced software and allows to setup so many options for unmanned flights /supported e.g by GPS only/ . It looks great for me now.

The only one item that I do not like after this first my review is suport for video feed. This software is able to display only video feed generated by connected via USB screen grabber device.

I did check it quickly with my capture card end it works perfect. You can display video as a one panel in mission planner starting page. It looks like this :


But there is no more option for video streaming and I need to investigate it soon. I read there are some workarounds for video streaming available and they base on gstreamer software available on linux platform. I`m not thinking about it now but of course have to review it later.

Comments