phase 3 – some thoughts

There were some changes done with drone configuration last time and that was reason why I need to review all next steps. At hi level I have achieved all targets from phase two and it`s close to end.
Phase should be finalized end of this week. I will install legs, maybe add propellers and need to wait only for better weather to preceded with more flying test.
Thinking about next steps and phase 3  I created short list Bellow list of all items that should I analyse before phase 3 starts.

  • Stabilize SJ 4000 camera streaming.
  • Create any mounting stand for this camera
  • Before fixing SJ cam streaming to find temporary solution for FPV ( maybe simple regular FVP )
  • think again about power source solution – now I have LIPO and power bank and maybe I can replace it by better power source and can remove power bank.
  • Test flying option with GPS mode only
  • Pixhawk update ( it`s ordered and soon I should receive it ) – software configuration 
  • to check Mission planer – select which one and how it works.
  • Combine how mission planer can works remotely with digital streaming
  • Update and test remote control
  • Understand how do take off without remote control and to fly using mission planner for a new autopilot
  • Review whole construction , check if hexa frame could be better solution
  • Add cover ( protecting all parts ) and make better design to this drone
  • Find final solution for remote access to computer board – currently it does not work so smoothly
  • Additional feature – how to setup camera to give live feed to social media services or how to share real time preview with others.
  • Add mechanism to attach any test elements to drone and transport it for short range distance first.
This list is long even now but I think this will be growing soon and I would like to have closed scope of phase 3 until end of December to start with it.

Comments