3d printing - landing gear legs

3D printing it`s completely new and undiscovered by me industry. To finalize phase 2 new to add 3 elements and 2 should be made in this technology.  For last couple of days I was trying to understand what I need to know to start this task and finally I decided to pause with battery protector and replace it by camera holder and of course keep in plan landing gears.
Whole this part is divided into 2 parts : how to design element and next how to print it with rationale costs. Second part is done, I found 2 persons that are printing elements with not so high costs and I have to send to them those parts.
Landing gears are the first elements that I’m trying to have because seems those elements are easy to design base on samples available on the internet. The best place to find all parts seems to be http://www.thingiverse.com/ portal where you can find almost all parts just for free for non-commercial  purposes.  I dis select following one http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:487947 removing unnecessary spikes and modifying little bottom parts to be more easy to print it out on simple 3D printer. I have not prepared any of foldable parts and have focused only on easy to detach because as I said 3D designing process is new and hard for me so I need to try simple parts first then focus on more complex.  Those are easy to detach and at the beginning this will be fine for me. Once I receive printed parts I will start to focus on camera holder.
To modify those parts I`m using Autodesk Netfabb because it still free for me as a standard edition and more advanced like DesignSpark are too still advanced for me . Maybe with camera holder I will find better tool.

Comments