failsafe tests and maximum flight time

I did start with failsafe tests yesterday afternoon and I did check it 3 times. Everytime drone did back to take-off location correctly. Main test was done at 50 meters height above the ground where I did call failsafe function during flight and after that drone did back to correct GPS co-ordinates and next fly down automatically. Screen from starting landing procedure below.
Weather was clear and now I`m wondering how it will work during cloudy day. Maybe I will check it another day.

After this flying session I did check camera to find moment when drone have started with failsafe procedure and reviewed whole recorded section. Finally I did land 4 times during tests and I can say that whole flight was very uneventful without any accelerations or without fast movements. Most of time time drone was flying around one point.

Finally I did check time of first take-off and final landing time and reduce it by 4 times of landings.

After this calculation total flight time = 25 minutes and 57 seconds . 

I think it`s good results because there was camera mounted to drone and probably without it drone could fly longer time. I hope with FPV installed it will be able to fly more still than 20 minutes long time.







Comments