Temporary solution for movie recording

13th August, not happy date in calendar but I will note short post today. Yesterday I did visit discount shop and there was very cheap camera in sales. I did buy it for 8$ and next verified how it works.
Everything what I was thinking to archive I can say to allow record test even with poor quality. Camera was called Hykker myEye Road Trip. Total weight of camera is 35g so it shouldn’t impact too much flying time and it allows to record movies with VGA resolution upscale to HD. Overall its good for me as for now. I did some test how it records and I can say quality is terrible but it works. At the end of day I did make one more test and finally I decided to bring back camera to shop because total time of recording was less than 20 minutes. That completely do not meet my flying requirements where 20 minutes should be minimum flying time. Summarizing camera was terrible bad and there was no way to use it during tests.
I returned it to shop and in meantime I have visited another shop where I found with promotional prices another cheap camera called Manta MM337 Active Sport Cam. Price is 2 times higher that Hykker but overall quality is much , much more higher. I did do some tests in car and camera seems to be good for this phase. First of all it`s cheap and I do not aware to  crash it as Go pro camera, second it allows to records in HD resolution and the last important item it’s allows to records more than 30 minutes long videos. Total camera weight= 56g (about 70g with cover) not too much to change flying parameters I think. I will attach it in front of drone tomorrow and hope this solution will be fine for me now. I will verify it during second phase.
Short recording sample done in car here : https://youtu.be/Xlud_m3cXPg

version 1 (Hykker cam)

Version 2 - final (Manta cam)

Comments